Chase Denver Julian

Welcome To Our Site



When You Call Yourself A True Friend - Be One!      FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DIE    They  Call For  Help  No Matter What!

Friends Dont Let Friends Die is a 501(c)(3) Non-profit organization.

Tuesday February 20, 2018 

Participate in our forum

Ask The White House

State and Federal Drug Laws
Regarding Death or Serious Injury

Drug Enforcement Administration(DEA)
Drug Trafficking Penalties

Patchwork of Penalties

Find your State's Statutes

Contact your Congressman
Senator or Governor

Crime Victims
Bill of Rights and Compensation

About This Site

State News



Our Children

Click on a name below to see their page


Danielle McCarthy

Christi Nowak

Anke Furber

Levi Wren

Ephrain Schultz
New York

Mark R Ellis
Rhode Island

Sean P. Efford
New Mexico

Caitlyn Brady
New Hampshire

Katty McGuire Andrea

JP Faulk

Michael Miller

Chuck Tabaka

Miranda Daly

Jamie Leavitt

Kaylin Marie Mathews

RJ Davis

Billy Grandchamp
Rhode Island

Nicholas Werhofnik

Rebecca Marks
New York

Dustin Kueter
South Dakota

Chase Denver Julian

Katelynn Porter

Tony Trujillo

Billy Joe Towle Jr.

Kelley Wilson

Rhiannon Fraser

Vivianna Satterfield
New Mexico

Kelli Laine Lewis
South Carolina

Taylor Smith

Danielle cherished family, friends and life. She had her whole life planned out; her husband, number of kids, two dogs and would be a dermatologist, a career where she could help others but have time for her family.
Christi had just enrolled in college. She just began taking First Baptist Church shuttles downtown every Thursday to befriend the homeless. Just chit chatting with them and letting them know they had a friend. In her journals, she was determined to turn her life around and she started by helping others. She volunteered often for the M.U.S.T. Ministries to help set up their clothing shop for the homeless and the children's center. She helped cooked their meals. She helped do their laundry. She wanted to go into a field helping others. She would have changed at least one person's life, for the better, when they thought there was no more hope. She didn't show up last Thursday. She died.
In the months before she was killed, 21-year-old Anke Furber had been acting scared and she seemed to know she was in danger. Several days after Furber's charred remains were discovered in a small vineyard in Norcross, Anke's mom, Ria, found a note in Anke's desk at home in Marietta. In it, Anke seemed to foreshadow her own death. She wrote, "My parents would surely grieve the loss of their wonderful daughter whose craziness would soon lead to her slaughter". Ria isnt sure exactly when the note was written, but believes it was written in a close time frame to the actual murder.
At 22 years old, Levi had goals and ambitions of being a business owner, a husband and a father. He loved his family and friends with everything in him and would do anything for you. His shyness and manners we're a shining attribute to who he was. Unfortunately, Levi befriended someone who for nearly three years took advantage of his kindness and when asked to leave his home, he killed him. If he would have just walked out the door as asked, Levi would still be here today. We'll never know all the wonderful things that Levi would have accomplished, but we know he was a "Friend" till the end.
Ephraim was 21 yrs old when he prematurely transitioned to the other side. He was a very warm hearted young man. And was always available to help friends and family. As his cousin Ben said about him: "You can lay a 1,000. on the table and know completely that Ephraim would have never taken it". He spent most of his days at Antique World in Clarence , NY which was owned and operated by his Uncle. That was my sons world. A world he will no longer be able to participate in. He is sorely missed by his family and friends.
Mark suffered a brain injury at the age of 19 the night of a high school prom. Mark died at the age of 25. Life was hard for Mark, he lived an aphasic life. Mark struggled to relearn his alphabet and to speak again. Neuro rehab, drug rehab, jails, institutions and death. Mark was disabled and a fighter all at the same time. College, heavy equipment operator, volunteering were all part of these six years. Mark loved kids and wished he had one. Due to the selfish reasoning of his so called friends, Mark will never be able to achieve his dreams that he fought so hard for. Mark's struggle is over !! PEACE..........
His friends describe him as a kind, warm hearted, full of energy, always smiling, and a very silly young man. They also said that whenever Sean walked into a room that he had the ability lighting up the room because he was full of life and energy! He loved his dad, his mom, and his sister very much. He had a very special bond with his great grandma Efford and his great aunt Charlene whom also up in heaven with him. A warm hug from Sean was just another way that he showed his affection to his family and friends
When Cayte was in the middle school she was on the track team, she was a cheerleader for the Nor-Roc Vikings, she was on a soccer team, and she loved attending the dances at the Sad Cafe. When she went to high school, all of those activities stopped. The sad reason was because she was too old. All the kids have, once they reach high school, are the woods and the homes of friends when the parents are at work. If she had activities to do after school when she went to high school, maybe this wouldn't have happened.
From her birth to her passing Katty touched so many lives. Not only did her family have the joy of watching her grow from a 6 pound baby girl to a beautiful young woman, but so many others did as well. The lives she touched are too many to fathom. Her beauty and grace preceded her where ever she went. Her heart was made of fine gold and she cared for others always before herself. She was not just special to all of us but to the Lord who saw fit to call her home at such a young age. Her mansion was ready! When we think of Katty now we all can be at peace because we know she is with her Lord, never to face this harsh world we live in day to day. She is with us always when we remember her smile, her touch, and her kind words. We all had the pleasure of being touched by an ANGEL!
We want our son's name to be Remembered and to bring hope and joy out of something that has been the darkest and heartbreaking days of our families life. JP was very out spoken and we have decided to be that way on this site and to be his voice about the drug companies and the public official's that sit back and do nothing. If we could save one person from what our family had to go Through and is still going Through, it would be all worth it We will not stop until the truth gets out. We want his memory to live on.
Time has gone by so quickly and it seems like we haven't seen your face in forever. Our hearts are broken, our tears flow so freely and our souls feel empty. Michael, you left us with so many happy memories but the memories can never take your place. We know you and your uncle Sam are saving a place for those who cherished you the most.
Two weeks before he died, Chuck called me on the phone. He was excited to tell me he was joining the National Guard. He had begun to think about being a History Teacher. He planned to attend school after basic training. He also mentioned a new girlfriend. He was pretty crazy about her but wanted to give things a little more time before making her "meet the parents". Still, we made plans to meet for lunch once July wound down. He thought we might all get together and told me not to worry, he had a job and would help pay the check. The first time I met the young lady he was so crazy about was as she cried herself senseless over his casket. She laid a broken heart chain and necklace across his hands. She wore the mating half around her slender neck. Her courage in court helped to solidify the deal that sent a drug dealer to prison. I hope she, and Chuck's other friends, make the right decision and swear off drug use so we may never see their faces on these pages.
Everyone ever touched by Miranda. This will be a tribute to the life she lived. She was the most remarkable and inspirational woman I have ever known. I was in awe of my own daughter. Even as her mother, her beauty took my breath away, and as she walked this earth from her crawling stages to adulthood her beauty from the inside amazed me. Miranda loved about every living thing and each friend she had she made her relationship with them special and unique.
Jamie was a very loving son, brother, grandson, nephew, boyfriend and friend.. Most importantly he was the best father anyone could have asked for.. Even though he was only 16 when he was taken away from us from his so called friend, he did everything for his daughter and mother of his daughter  that he had asked to marry him when he turns 18.. Jamie was the type of kid that would take his shirt off his back for anyone that needs it..  Jamie died on April 23, 2008.. If only his so called friend (29 yrs old), his mother and the other people at the home called 911 instead of waiting 3 hours, he would still be here with us today.. Jamie's dad passed away Nov 2005 and he had a hard time dealing with loosing his father and could not believe he was gone.. Well now Jamie is at home with his dad..Until we meet again... I am proud of you my son..Love you always and forever, Mommy
Kaylin Marie Mathews was born on a Tuesday March 1, 1988. Kaylin was my oldest child and my only daughter. She could play the piano, guitar, and drums and loved to sing. She had been "spinning records" the last few years and loved to mix music. She had been working as a d.j. at the time of her death and was very good. Kaylin was an only child for 71/2 years. She has one brother and one sister. She was a talented writer. She made jewelry and she could draw. There was nothing that my baby couldn't do, if she wanted to. Kaylin was left to die in a ravine on June 30, 2008. She was found on July 1, 2008. Her date of death is listed as a Tuesday July 1, 2008. She was 20 years old. I miss her every second of every day. The world lost an amazing talent and an amazing young woman. I lost a part of my heart.
R.J. was truly a blessing in our lives. He was the kind of son that most parents only dream of having. He always respected and obeyed his parents and never got in trouble. RJ was never in trouble in his life RJ always called home to let us know where he was and when he would be home. When he was missing and we couldn't reach him on his cell phone, we knew immediately something terrible was wrong. This is a nightmare that no parent should have to go through and we are living it. Our concern is not what we are going through, but what our son had to go through in his final moments of life.
William Michael Grandchamp better known as Billy, was born Nov 7,1979. HE was a only child. Billy had many friends. Billy often told his friends that his MOM was his best friend. Billy liked to collect sports attire like jerseys and sports caps.Everything he wore had to match. He was meticulous with his clothing, car, and home. Although, Billy had no children of his own he loved children. He told me his greatest wish was to find a good girl and settle down and have a family. That seemed to be very important to him. Even at a young age he had a gift with children. Billy's friends have always commented on how good he was with their children and how their children loved him. Billy was loved by so many people. He had over 800 friends and family members at his wake. Billy will be greatly missed by all his family and friends.
Chase lived life spontaneously with the freedom of a butterfly – a free spirit & soul – no one could hold him down, except his baby girl. She was his LIFE. There wasn’t anything he wouldn’t do for her, including getting clean. Chase was clean 1.5 yrs, after 6 months in residential rehab in New Orleans, continued with NA meetings, substance abuse group counseling, and sought out a Navy recruiter who told him all he would have to do to be eligible. He seemed to be on his way, until he fell off the wagon 12 days out of jail. Turning to heroin again to deal with stress was the mistake of his life. “Chase’s Story” is shared with you on his main page. Thanks for taking time to read it. Sincere and heartfelt thanks to the FDLFD Family for taking us under their wings. “They will sing me to them, and I will hear.” ~RIP Chase~4evrYng~1985-2009
Katelynn Lillian Porter, 16, of West Elgin, was killed in a car crash on Dunborough Rd. in Elgin County. “In loving memory of Katelynn Porter. 12/12/09. 9:40 p.m.” is written between two hearts on the roadside memorial, a makeshift cross. Porter was a student at West Elgin secondary school, where officials are trying to come to grips with the news of her death, especially so close to Christmas.
Tony passed away 10 days after his 16th birthday. He asked permission to spend the night at his friends and I told him yes. I told him" I love you" and he replied "I love you too Mom. Tony was the kid who wanted to make everyone laugh. He had such a wonderful sense of humor and a big heart. He would talk to his friends for hours trying to help them solve their problems. He was a loving big brother, and a wonderful son. He would help you with anything without even being asked. Tony was an extremely intelligent child. He was always placed in advanced classes. A week before he passed we received a letter from Columbine informing us that Tony was nominated to participate in their advanced English Program. He had a gift for writing stories.
She loved all things technical and mechanical with her older brother Ian and fashion and decorating days with her older sister Genevieve. She loved Gothic country art, the workings of the human body, video games, driving and her new tattoo machine. She loved swimming and surfing. She loved all things living and loved her dog Timpleton and her parrot Thermopolis. She had a strong heart and soul, was an independent and progressive thinker, open minded and a will power like no one else. Her favorite place to go was Barnes and Noble.
Vivianna Satterfield was 15 years old! Vivi was the type of young lady that put other people in front of herself. She would always say "Peace and Love".
Kelli Laine Lewis is my only daughter. Kelli died when she was 18 after attending a party hosted by 3 adults who offered a $5.00 entry fee to come and drink all you wanted. A pretty tempting offer for teens not old enough to buy alcohol.
Growing up – she had it all. She was smart and witty - she could come up with a jovial comeback in almost any conversation or situation. She wShe was smart and witty - she could come up with a jovial comeback in almost any conversation or situation. She was always photographing everything and always laughing. She had an infectious laugh, loud and squeaky, but incredibly endearing. Taylor was a huge fan of Tyler Perry’s Madea. She owned every play and knew every word to every gospel song in the plays. She would sing them at the top of her lungs to anyone that would listen. as always photographing everything and always laughing. She had an infectious laugh, loud and squeaky, but incredibly endearing.
He went out THE FIRST TIME to celebrate being "LEGAL" with a creep he considered a friend (even though we warned him this guy was not a true friend). My son did not drive so he was picked up about ten thirty. Even when it was obvious my son was having difficulties this creep brought him to his own house , which is 4 houses away for a few hours, and dropped him off here at home in the middle of the night WITHOUT KNOCKING OR CALLING OR WAKING US UP. We found Ben in his bed the next morning when we tried to wake him.

Click here to Meet
Our Parents


Click above to visit Our Sites

Now Available Online. 2010 National Crime Victims' Rights Week Resource Guide.  

Click on the name below to see full story


Helpful links


Home Chase's StoryCondolences | Photo's  Videos  News

Chase Denver Julian
Chase's Story
Chase Denver Julian


  Chase Denver Julian  



St. Bernard couple arrested in drug overdose death

By Kim Chatelain, The Times-Picayune

October 22, 2009, 6:04PM

A St. Bernard Parish couple was arrested after allowing a man who had overdosed on heroin to die at their home without calling for medical help, authorities said.

Kristopher Howse, 24, and his wife, Shelly Howse, 25, both of 3401 Nancy Drive in Meraux, were booked Wednesday with negligent homicide and obstruction of justice in the death of Chase Julian, 24, of Arabi, St. Bernard Parish sheriff's officials said.

The two apparently feared they would be arrested for drug possession if they summoned medical help for Julian, authorities said.

The Howses were also booked with contributing to the delinquency of their young daughters, who were in the home when Julian died, officials said.

Both are being held in St. Bernard Parish Prison, the husband in lieu of $150,000 bond and the wife in lieu of a bond of $75,000, authorities said.

"This is a case in which people who are afraid they are going to be arrested if they call for medical help when someone is overdosing allows the person to die rather than get the help that could save them," Chief Deputy James Pohlmann said. "When it's all said and done, the person dies and the one who didn't call for help ends up being booked with negligent homicide. Clearly, people should get help for someone who is overdosing."

Kristopher Howse called 911 about 1 a.m. Tuesday to report that Julian had overdosed on heroin, which the victim had injected at Howse's home. Authorities believe Julian took the heroin around 7 p.m. Monday and immediately fell unconscious.

Under questioning, Howse told authorities that after Julian lost consciousness, he contacted a friend who recommended putting him in a cold bath, which didn't revive him. He also tried CPR, to no avail, officials said.

Howse acknowledged he had taken Julian to New Orleans to purchase heroin on Tuesday, authorities said. He was initially arrested on a drug paraphernalia charge, but he and his wife were booked Wednesday with negligent homicide and other charges after a follow-up investigation, officials said.

Julian had been arrested previously on heroin charges in St. Bernard, and Kristopher Howse has one previous drug arrested involving Ecstasy, authorities said. Information on the disposition of those cases was not available Thursday.

St. Bernard couple sentenced to jail after man overdoses in home

Posted on April 8, 2010 at 2:20 PM

CHALMETTE, La. – A St. Bernard couple has been sentenced to jail after they failed to call for help while a man was overdosing from heroin in their home.

Kristopher Howse, 24, was sentenced to four years in prison and his wife, Shelly Howse, received a two-year sentence on negligent homicide charges.

State District Judge Kirk Vaughn sentenced the couple, who have been jailed in Chalmette in lieu of bond since their arrests and will receive credit for time served.

According to trial documents, the victim, 24-year-old Chase Julian of Arabi, was taken to purchase heroin by Kristopher Howse the day of his death and that the Howses waited several hours to call for help when it was apparent that Julian was overdosing.

Chief Deputy Sheriff James Pohlmann said Julian began having problems around 7 p.m., and that Kristopher Howse phoned a friend who advised that he should try reviving Julian by putting him in an ice cold tub. Pohlmann said when that didn’t work he tried to perform CPR and even tried putting Julian in a car to search for an emergency room.

Pohlmann said Howse finally called 911 around 1 a.m.

“This was a case in which people who were afraid they were going to be arrested if they called for medical help when someone was overdosing allowed the person to die rather than get the help that could have saved him,” said Pohlmann. “When all is said and done the person dies and those who didn’t call for help end up being booked with negligent homicide. Clearly, people should get medical help for someone’ in such a situation.”

The arrest of the Howses was the second time in 2009 that a St. Bernard Parish resident was booked with negligent homicide for allowing someone to die rather than calling for help in a drug overdose situation. In the other case, the arrested man received the maximum five-year prison sentence after pleading guilty as charged.

Julian, the victim in the Howse case, had been arrested once on heroin charges in St. Bernard, according to Pohlmann. Kristopher Howse had one previous drug arrest involving Ecstasy and his wife didn’t have a prior criminal history.

Hi to all my friends - as I elaborate briefly on the results, I need for you all to hold close to your hearts Chase's feelings ... Saturday before he died, he said that he takes complete responsibility for his life and the actions he has taken and the results therefrom ... he was not one to blame anyone for his life - something he learned in rehab.

Kris Howse (male/husband defendant) was visibly upset and remorseful at what happened to Chase. He apologized to me and started welling up. He hung his head low the whole time in court, and had his chair turned away from me, b/c it was hard for him to look me in the eyes. I had only met him once. The last thing he said in court to me was, "Chase was the kindest person I ever met. He would do anything for you." I said, "Yes, he was one that would give you the shirt off his back, leaving himself in the cold; as long as you were OK."

Shelley Howse (female/wife defendant) is a f'ing bitch. She giggled and smirked with her cell mate throughout the day (she did the same thing in the hearing a month ago). Everytime I caught her eyes, she just smirked and turned her head, ever so slowly. She really, really thought she was untouchable.

That being said, I'm not one to take revenge. And for those of you saying, "but what about justice?" Justice is really just a system used to stop anarchy, which is what would happen if we all took revenge. I'm the type of person who sits back, when wronged, and lets the chips fall where they may. And believe me, they have fallen, even 10 and 20 yrs later.

Kris Howse was sentenced to 4 yrs hard labor at a Louisiana penitentiary, and Shelley Howse was sentenced to 2 yrs hard labor at St. Gabriel near Baton Rouge, LA, both charged with Negligent Homicide.

I am very OK with this sentencing. Although, Chase being the extremely forgiving person that he is to his own detriment, I can feel he is not happy with this (meaning, to harsh for his kind soul). Saturday before he died, he said, "Ma, if I ever get any amount of time in prison, please let me die. I can't do time in prison, Ma. Please don't let me do time in prison. I'd rather be dead." Maybe he knew something was coming. Who knows.

Thanks to you all for being here for me throughout. I still need you. Also, I would truly, truly appreciate not hearing how these two should have gotten way more time than what they did. I'm not God. It's not up to me to forgive. And, this sentencing is in honor of Chase and his very forgiving soul.

Chase, this chapter is over for us both, but we are just beginning in a new phase of our lives. You are with me, and I with you, forever and always. RIP baby - Mama is here for you.